Basildon United are recruiting for a Part Time Commercial Manager to join the team
If you think this exciting opportunity to join the team might be for you then we would welcome your application.
Work Location - on the road within the Basildon and Surrounding Area's
Post Title - Part Time Commercial Manager
Remuneration - Commission based
Reporting to - Chairman
Main Contacts - Members of the Business Community - local and further afield, Supporters, Community Representatives, Club Officials
Hours of Work - to suit the demands of the role
AIM AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main responsibility of the role is to lead on the development of all revenue streams for the Football Club and will be the driving force behind the commercial arm of the Club. This will include maximizing sales in area including Stadium naming rights, stand naming rights, perimeter boards, programme advertisements and match sponsorship's.
The successful applicant will develop relationships and revenue streams with current commercial partners as well as secure new business.
You will be responsible for the commercial activities of Basildon United Football Club and be the primary contact person for all commercial activity connected with the Club.
1) To generate income for Basildon United Football Club through the sale of ground advertising.
2) To generate income for Basildon United Football Club through the sale of match day sponsorship's; and programme advertising.
3) To ensure that relationships with all Commercial Partners of Basildon United are successfully maintained.
3) To undertake commercial activities as directed by the Chairman with a view to increasing revenue streams.
4) To work closely with the marketing team to drive sales and traffic to the Club
5) To prepare monthly written reports, on commercial activities and projections
Minimum Essential Requirements
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate most, if not all, of the following qualities:
The ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Excellent inter personal and communication skills.
Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Basic knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
Innovative ideas associated with income generation on behalf of Basildon United Football Club.
Previous commercial experience desirable but not essential
Previous sales and marketing experience desirable but not essential
Previous IT experience.
Prior experience in professional sports marketing/sales desirable but not essential
Car and full driving licence.
Work related circumstances
A flexible approach to working hours will be required.
Please email Basildonunitedfootballclub@gmail.com with your CV and Covering Letter with the subject "Basildon United Football Club Commercial Manager"
Updated 08:47 - 19 Mar 2019 by Richard Barrett